Geelong Legacy's services include:
- Assistance with Pension applications and Welfare assistance/advice
- Advice regarding services available through DVA or HACC
- A handyman list of reliable trades people available to assist Legacy widows
- Financial assistance by way of annual fuel subsidies for needy widows, ancillary medical services payment for those without ‘gold cards’, and grants of all kinds as the need arises. Interest-free loans are granted in extreme circumstances.
- Accommodation by way of a block of 14 self-contained single bedroom units available for Legacy beneficiaries at very cheap rental.
- Assistance with educations costs for the children under our care and for senior widows wishing to undertake study.
|For further information about our services, please do not hesitate to contact us directly on (03) 5229 5702.|
|Activities For Widows|
|We have one Laurel Club and seven Laurel Groups. The Geelong Laurel Club is located in Geelong and meets at the Legacy Rooms on the fourth Thursday each month. The seven Groups are located in outlying areas and each meets once a month for fun and fellowship.|
Laurel Groups are as follows:
Anglesea Laurel Group - meets 4th Monday each month at 2.00pm
Bellarine Laurel Group - meets at Portarlington RSL Hall 2nd Wednesday each month at 10.30am
Northern Suburbs Laurel Group - meets at Norlane RSL 2nd Thursday each month at 1.00pm
Ocean Grove/Barwon Heads Laurel Group - meets at St Peters Church Hall 1st Monday each month at 1.30pm
Queenscliff/Point Lonsdale Laurel Group - meets 1st Monday each month.
Torquay Laurel Group - meets at Lions Village 3rd Friday each month at 1.15pm