- 9.00- 4.00 Monday to Friday telephone ‘help line’
- Appointment of a Legacy Advisor to support the family
- A Legatee on duty every day (for interviews & birthday calls)
- Pension advocacy
- Financial & welfare assistance
- Junior Legatee education support
- Six widows clubs with Legatee mentors
- Four ‘Legacy Link’ bulletins a year
- Anzac Day Luncheon
- Christmas Luncheon
- Christmas visit by Advisor with Christmas puddings
- Nonagenarian High Tea
- Hospital visit program
|Legacy is available to provide help with completing Veterans’ Affairs pension claims following the death of your husband and will provide welfare assistance by way of grants and loans, where appropriate. A telephone call to Legacy House (6234-6581) is all that is necessary to arrange to have a Legatee call to see you, or you may visit Legacy Office at 159 Macquarie Street, Hobart for assistance or advice.|
Most widows have some entitlements from either the Department of Veterans’ Affairs or Centrelink. It is not practical to list details of such entitlements, which change from time to time.
Many booklets and leaflets are produced detailing benefits and allowances, such as medical and dental, domestic, travelling, funeral and rental assistance. These booklets are generally available from outside sources like the Department of Veterans’ Affairs or Centrelink.