Hobart Legacy held its 90th Anniversary Celebrations on Sunday, 24 March 2013 at St John the Baptist Church, Bridge Hotel Road, Ouse at 11.30 am. Ouse is the birthplace of General Sir John Gellibrand, who founded the Hobart Remembrance Club (now Hobart Legacy) on 23 March 1923. After the Service, a light luncheon was served at the Ouse Country Club, Tor Hill Road, Ouse by the local Parents and Friends.
About 90 Legatees and their wives/husbands/partners and war widows attended a moving service. Some of our special guest were Legatee John and Legatee Miriam Gellibrand, grandson and granddaughter of Sir John Gellibrand, the founder of the Hobart Remembrance Club, Ms. Diedre Flint, the mayor of the Central Highlands and Mr Geof Hack from the State Branch of the RSL.
|Linked here is a Copy of the Service sheet|