|The origins of the Lachlan Legacy Group began in 1946 with Keith Hastings and Dick Turner. Dick was responsible for the correspondence and Keith did the visiting of families. By 1947 between them they had enrolled and looked after no less than 30 families and now looked to expanding the group. |
On 7 November 1947 the Board of Management of Sydney Legacy formally presented the Charter to operate as a Contact Group in the name of Legacy under the guidance of Sydney Legacy. At this ceremony five new Legatees were initiated giving the Group a strength of seven legatees. This group made rapid progress in enrolments and skill to such an extent that the Board of Management of Sydney Legacy on 1 December 1948 resolved to sponsor an application to Legacy Coordinating Council that the Group be elevated to the status of an autonomous Legacy Club.
|On 19 March 1949 with ceremony at an Inauguration Dinner in the Forbes Town Hall, the Lachlan Legacy was presented with the Club Charter by Legatee John L. Hastings, President of Sydney Legacy, which the club still holds today.The Lachlan Legacy Club currently incorporates the towns of Canowindra, Eugowra, Condobolin, Cowra, Forbes, Grenfell, Lake Cargelligo, Parkes, Trundle and West Wyalong. All these towns have Contact Group’s except for Condobolin where we have one Legatee.|
|Lachlan Legacy Club has 56 members both active and reserve.|
|Lachlan Legacy Club meet every two months (February, April, June, August, October, December) at 2.30pm at various locations around the Lachlan Legacy Club area. For information on these meeting contact Helen at the Forbes office on 02-6852 2041 Mon-Wed between 9.00am and 2.00pm or email Helen at firstname.lastname@example.org|