Quick Facts

Established

   

1926

Legatees

   

215

Widows

   

1849

Contact Details

Bendigo Legacy

11 Mackenzie Street, Bendigo VIC 3550

Phone: (03) 5443 6332

Email: legacy@
benleg.com.au

 

About Us

About Us - Bendigo Legacy

Club Contact Details


Bendigo Legacy

E-mail: legacy@benleg.com.au

Bendigo Legacy encompasses five (5) groups which are situated in Kerang, Swan Hill, Echuca, Castlemaine and Macedon Ranges.

Bendigo itself looks after Bridgewater, Inglewood, Tarnagulla, Newbridge, Heathcote and Wycheproof.

As at 31/3/12 we have 215 Legatees caring for 1849 Widows, 4 children and 20 disabled beneficiaries.



Bendigo Legacy


Office Bearers:



President:
Legatee John Lennon
Honorary Secretary:
Legatee Neil Gill
Senior Vice President:
Legatee Sherold Kelleher
Junior Vice President:
Vacant
Treasurer:
Mrs Natalie Reynolds
Immediate Past President:
Legatee Kenrick Egan

Meetings are held the first and third Wednesday of each month at 12.30pm.

Board of Management:



Our Annual Meeting is held in May and office members are installed in May,


Club History


Bendigo Legacy Club was formed on 9th June 1926 and the first meeting was held in Favalaro’s Café. Office bearers in the Club were Frank Levy (President), George V Lansell and Dr Florence Burke Gaffney (Vice Presidents).

Daniel Parry (Secretary) and G. Ross Freeman (Treasurer). Membership numbered 28 and consisted of returned soldiers irrespective of rank and one representative only of each profession, trade or calling. Most of the members were young returned soldiers occupying administrative and professional positions in the city.


     

Make a donation to Legacy

donate now
 

Share This Page: