|Legacy needs financial support for its wide-ranging welfare programs. Legacy receives no direct government funding and relies on the community to help carry out its work. |
All money raised in the Inverell area stays in this area for the benefit of the widows & dependants with a disability enrolled here.
You can make a donation by contacting our Office.
You may wish to consider leaving a gift - known as a bequest - to Legacy, to help us continue to care for the families of deceased veterans well into the future.
More information about leaving a bequest can be obtained from our Office.
|Legacy seeks men and women of integrity who feel motivated by Legacy’s ideals and who are willing and able to make a personal effort to achieve them. Visiting the widows in their care is an important part of this. |
For more information about becoming a Legatee, please contact our office. Meetings are held on the Fourth Wednesday of the month at 7pm with no meetings in December or January.
Become a Friend of Inverell Legacy
|“Friends of Inverell Legacy” was established to assist Legacy at times when extra people are needed for specific events, for example the clothing drives in May & September, the Venetian Carnival at the beginning of December and Legacy Week in early September. “Friends of Inverell Legacy” is suitable for people who want to volunteer but don’t have a lot of time or who have other commitments, i.e. work or study, and are not able to volunteer on a more regular basis. |
“Friends of Inverell Legacy”;
• are volunteers;
• can be anyone over the age of 8 (although parental consent is required for persons under the age of 18);
• is suitable for the whole family;
• need to complete a registration form;
• receive 4 weeks notice of upcoming events;
• are under no obligation to assist at every event;
• receive a Legacy lanyard & ID tag;
• are covered by insurance when volunteering for Legacy;
• receive an annual statement of volunteer hours;
• are invited to the annual President’s Luncheon;
• do not attend meetings or pay a membership subscription;
• may be invited to become Legatees in the future.
If you are interested in becoming a “Friend of Inverell Legacy”, please read the information sheet, complete the registration form and return it to our Office.
|The Torch Bearers Group, formed in 1946, are volunteers who raise money for Legacy. Any member of the public may volunteer to be a Torch Bearer. |
The Inverell Torch Bearers run the Opportunity Shop at 25 Byron Street (opp Coles), Inverell.
If you are interested in becoming a Torch Bearer, please contact the office.